Annual Return Form to SSM Malaysia
Submission of Annual Return of a company in Malaysia are the most important legal requirement set by Companies Commission Malaysia (SSM)
By AZIZAM AZIZAN
The annual return is a document that describes a company’s policies. The Annual Return is an important document that must be sent to SSM as prescribed.
As stated in the Companies Act 2016, the Annual Return of a company must be submitted on each anniversary of the date of the company and not more than 30 days from that date.
Annual Returns for companies with an Anniversary Date in 2017 only need to be made in 2018 as the Companies Act 2016 is not yet in force at that time.
If the company fails to file the Annual Return as required by law, the company and its directors will be convicted under section 68 of the Companies Act 2016. Some information must be included in the document such as
- Registered office address
- Business office address
- Branch office address (if any)
- Principal business activities
- The amount of registered capital allowed
- Amount of paid -up capital
- Liabilities registered with SSM (i.e., assets of the company)
- Directors of the Company
- Appointed Company Secretary