Visa For Foreigners

There are many types of visas that can be applied for by foreigners when entering Malaysia. But, what are the conditions and benefits for each type of visa?

By Malaya Corporate





Employment Pass

  • For long-term stay / work and is classified into 3 categories.
  • Multiple entry.
  • Online application by the company and a guarantor required for application
  • Holders of Category III may not obtain Dependent Pass

Category I

– Minimum RM10,000 monthly salary

– Employment contract of 5 years or less

Category II

– Minimum RM5,000 – RM9,999 monthly salary

– Employment contract of 2 years or less

Category III

– Minimum RM3,000 – RM4,999 monthly salary

– Employment contract less than 12 months

Visit Pass / Professional Visit Pass (PVP)

  • Short-term work pass for professionals (e.g., special projects & technical cooperation)
  • Company will follow the application procedure of Expatriate Services Division (ESD).
  • Employment by companies outside Malaysia
  • Maximum duration is 1 year (however, for corporate trainees, less than 6 months)
  • Family member may not accompany the employee

Malaysia My Second Home Visa (MM2H)

  • Up to 10 years (renewable with permission from Immigration Department)
  • Part-time employment may be allowed
  • For 50 years of age and older: revenue certificate of RM10,000 or more per month and asset verification of RM350,000 or more
  • Less than 50 years of age: revenue certificate of RM10,000 or more per month and asset verification of RM500,000 or more

Resident Pass – Talent (RP-T)

  • To attract and secure foreign talent in important economic fields.
  • Holders may work and stay up to 10 years and are able to change employer.
  • Holder’s spouse and children under 18 years of age are also eligible for this pass.
  • Children over 18 years of age, parents, and spouse’s parents are eligible for the Social Visit Pass (maximum duration is 5 years).
  • Upon acquiring the RP-T, spouse is not required to acquire an EP to work in the Malaysia.

Visitor Pass

  • For short-term visits.
  • Sightseeing, business meetings, foreign diplomacy, etc, within 90 days.
  • In possession of return ticket / flight ticket to a third country.
  • May not be used for working in Malaysia.

Dependent Pass

  • For dependents to accompany the holder. Validity is the same as the validity of the representative EP.
  • Subject to the holder having permitted the acquisition of Dependent Pass for the spouse.

Note : We only provide Service for MM2H Application ONLY