- For long-term stay / work and is classified into 3 categories.
- Multiple entry.
- Online application by the company and a guarantor required for application
- Holders of Category III may not obtain Dependent Pass
– Minimum RM10,000 monthly salary
– Employment contract of 5 years or less
– Minimum RM5,000 – RM9,999 monthly salary
– Employment contract of 2 years or less
– Minimum RM3,000 – RM4,999 monthly salary
– Employment contract less than 12 months
Visit Pass / Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
- Short-term work pass for professionals (e.g., special projects & technical cooperation)
- Company will follow the application procedure of Expatriate Services Division (ESD).
- Employment by companies outside Malaysia
- Maximum duration is 1 year (however, for corporate trainees, less than 6 months)
- Family member may not accompany the employee
Malaysia My Second Home Visa (MM2H)
- Up to 10 years (renewable with permission from Immigration Department)
- Part-time employment may be allowed
- For 50 years of age and older: revenue certificate of RM10,000 or more per month and asset verification of RM350,000 or more
- Less than 50 years of age: revenue certificate of RM10,000 or more per month and asset verification of RM500,000 or more
Resident Pass – Talent (RP-T)
- To attract and secure foreign talent in important economic fields.
- Holders may work and stay up to 10 years and are able to change employer.
- Holder’s spouse and children under 18 years of age are also eligible for this pass.
- Children over 18 years of age, parents, and spouse’s parents are eligible for the Social Visit Pass (maximum duration is 5 years).
- Upon acquiring the RP-T, spouse is not required to acquire an EP to work in the Malaysia.
- Sightseeing, business meetings, foreign diplomacy, etc, within 90 days.
- In possession of return ticket / flight ticket to a third country.
- May not be used for working in Malaysia.
- For dependents to accompany the holder. Validity is the same as the validity of the representative EP.
- Subject to the holder having permitted the acquisition of Dependent Pass for the spouse.